eQ core services
Audit & Accounting
As Chartered Accountants, audit and accounting forms a large part of our day to day activities. At EQ, we focus our attention on delivering value to clients through these services, and not simply achieving compliance.
Business has never been more challenging than it is today, and our role for clients demands a greater contribution than ever before to assist financial management, and contribute to business decision making.
In addition to the preparation and analysis of annual financial accounts and regular management accounts, we can also assist you with the following:-
- selection, installation and training of accounting software
- preparation of annual financial budgets
- identification of key performance indicators (KPI's)
- establishing effective credit control procedures
- creation of financial models to present projections of profitability and cashflow
- preparation of financial accounts compliant with the relevant statutory requirements of various enterprises
Our range of audit services encompass a variety of offerings which provide assurance to our clients.
- statutory audit of corporate enterprises
- audit of charitable organisations
- assurance required by specific sectors, such as solicitors, insurance brokers, surveyors, clubs and associations
- internal reviews of financial systems and controls
- investment appraisal on business expansion proposals
- due diligence on mergers and acquisitions
No matter our involvement, our absolute commitment remains the provision of valuable support to clients. As Registered Auditors authorised by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, our quality standards are monitored on a regular basis to ensure these objectives are met.
EQ are authorised by a United States Governing body, to be involved in assurance services for companies publicly listed in the US.
EQ took a bold step by registering with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) in the United States of America.
As a reaction to the well documented US corporate scandals of 2001 and 2002, the Sarbones-Oxley Act of 2002 was enacted, and this legislation established the PCAOB to oversee the Audit and Assurance processes relative to publicly listed companies.
This has to date primarily been of concern to the largest corporations, and therefore also to the largest international accounting firms. However, the impact is increasing and it is important that practices like EQ are in a position to deliver services as required.
EQ already have some international audit and assurance clients and expect to see this increase in the short-term. As part of Kreston International Limited, they are committed to supporting the delivery of client service worldwide, and in association with our United States Kreston members, we expect to deliver those services to a growing number of US publicly listed companies.