eQ other sectors
EQ has built a strong reputation for its specialist service to a number of charities, both locally and nationally.
This sector’s constantly changing regulations demands specialist knowledge, and a pro-active approach. The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) was established following the Charities and Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 and it is vital that all Scottish Charities and their Trustees are conversant with the ever increasing regulatory environment in which they operate.
We understand that sector specialism is vital and therefore our charity team consists of those who have built up specific knowledge and experience over a number of years. While the team’s experienced managers deliver seamless compliance and technical advice, we bring added value with our extended team of experts. We have access to specialist VAT departments which have saved or retrieved significant sums for charity and not-for-profit clients.
We offer a wide range of services. The core services we provide are as follows:-
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Statutory audits
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- Corporate finance
- Payroll, VAT and management accounts services, provided through our business vehicle 'Amber'
- Independent examinations and audit exemption reports where applicable
We are experienced in providing SORP 2005 compliant accounts for our charity clients and the audit thereon. In addition to this, we can provide the following services to our charity clients:-
- Advice on charity governance
- Advice on major risks
- Advice on internal controls
- Trustee training
- Raising finance
- VAT advice
- Advice on trading subsidiaries
Our approach to delivering real value to you
- A fresh and positive approach from a dedicated partner, manager and controller team who have a depth of experience in the charitable sector.
- Hands-on advice and support from a team which will develop a good understanding of the issues.
- As part of our service, we will contact you on a regular basis in order to develop our understanding of your organisation and thus provide a service which helps you.
- A rigorous examination focused on key risks and carried out in accordance with relevant auditing and accounting standards.
- We will provide an efficient service, agreeing a timetable with you to ensure we deliver at the right time.
- A 'can do' attitude, based on building a mutually beneficial relationship, so that we are working with you, rather than for you.
To find out more, contact us for a completely free consultation. In the first instance contact Mark Gallacher, for a confidential discussion on how we can help you.
Mark Gallacher 01382 312100 firstname.lastname@example.org